Postpartum Care is one of the most spectacular components of midwifery care.
In our culture there is much focus on the birth, and while this is certainly a remarkable event, the postpartum period is not to be forgotten. Postpartum is a time of deep tenderness, vulnerability and learning for all people involved. Both new parents are navigating how to care for this tiny human on the outside, while experiencing sleeplessness, exhaustion and hormonal changes. It can be incredibly helpful to have a skilled specialist visit your family in your home for individualized care.
You may decide that home birth is not right for you, but would still love to benefit from the delicious care of midwives in the postpartum period. Caring for new families in the postpartum is one of the most honored and special gifts I can offer. I love lending a hand during this sacred and intimate time. See below for a complete Postpartum Care Package. (This care is included for my midwifery clients.)
Postpartum Care Package includes:
- Four visits in your home, typically at 3-days, 7-days, 2 weeks, and 4 weeks
- Skilled care and knowledge from a CA licensed midwife and Certified Professional Midwife
- Ability to assess vital signs and normal healing for baby and mother
- Breastfeeding support and baby weigh checks
- Sitz bath preparation for perineal healing
- Placenta encapsulation, at additional cost